sexta-feira, 6 de janeiro de 2017

Going Out with The Forbin Project - An Interview


Danny Martinez é a mente por trás do The Forbin Project. Tudo começou após Danny assistir um show com a dobradinha The Drums e Craft Spells, e obviamente o sonhador Danny concentra-se na mesma linhagem, dreampop melancólico por vezes, ensolarado em outras, onde deixa explícito em suas canções seu amor por The Cure e New Order.

Sim dreampop com cara dos nossos tempos e um olhar nostálgico para o passado, mas sem jamais soar piegas. Recomenda-se ouvir bem acompanhado.


***** Interview with the Forbin Project *****


Q. When did The Forbin Project start?
I started this project in 2012. I wrote the first EP over the span Of maybe two months. I got the idea for the project after seeing craft Spells open for The Drums in SF.

Q: Who are your influences?
I'm heavily influenced by The Cure, Joy Division/New Order, Diiv, Wild Nothing, Craft Spells, Beach Fossils, and The Drums.

Q. Make a list of 5 albuns of all time…
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band,
Revolver,
The White album,
Power, Corruption & Lies,
Seventeen Seconds,

Q. How do you feel playing live?
I love playing live but this project is just me, so it's hard to get to play shows.


Q. How do you describe The Forbin Project sounds?
It's definitely Dreampop through and through, with an 80s aesthetic. I don't like sounding like one band, it's important for me to progress the sound.

Q: Tell us about the process of recording the songs ?
Well I write and record everything myself at home. I write while I record pretty much all the songs. I usually start with a guitar part then build from it, but it's not always the same approach.

Q. Which new bands do you recommend?
I would say to check out "Acid Ghost" who's based in San Francisco and "Jay Som" who I think is based in Oakland.

Q: Which band would you love to made a cover version of?
I wanna do a cover of Tren Al Sur by Los Prisioneros in English.

Q: What are your plans for the future?
I just want to write more music, and hopefully start playing shows with a band.

Q: Any parting words? Thanks again
I just want to say thanks for taking an interest in my music, I hope to continue this project and progress the sound.
*
*
*
Thanks

https://theforbinproject.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/TheForbinProject